Wednesday 25 November 2009

Animal Distraction




On Friday I did meet up with Jess and we took Indy to a field with cows to take some pictures for my Lowland Search Dogs Records. He was not bothered at all, in a matter of fact he started to round them up after a while( maybe he is a natural Herding Dog as well ???). After that we went to our field and done some Search training with Scollie, Indy and Yukon. Scollie reminds me so of Marlon in his Temperament. He is a hughe Rodesian Ridgeback and has all the time in the world for his job. We started the run a way game with Yukon and using the "Bringsel" I got him from Germany. He really likes running after people and picking it up. I think we will be going soon to the next stage where it is actually attached to his collar. Indy was total in his element again. He is brilliant, but never understand how the same person can go lost twice in a matter of 10 minutes. He looked at Jess like he almost want to tell how darft she must be to get lost twice in such a short time. I think he is to smart for fake training!!!



On Saturday was Agility Training and we think the "Chamber of Horror" is open with Yukon. Wait and touch points are for wimps and he knows it all. I started nipping it in the bud straight away by training everyday that he has to stay no matter how many toys fly pass him. Indy was as good as usual, I was to slow as usual. I have not found our equal speed yet and doubt I ever will.
On Sunday we went to Trosley Country Park in Kent for Search Training. We have been donated a Flat Coated Puppy from a member of the American Forces. His name will be Pedro and he is going to live with Mel and little Andre. Dave decided he would like to have a proper dog and would love to be adopted by a Malinos. I brought him in touch with Helen from Stonedragon Kennel who has Sady looking for a home. Dave is going to see them on Saturday. The training went not bad. I have to remind myself to make notes on the map when Indy give me a none verbal indication. He picked up scent of the last Misper up hill before he found the first misper and if I had realised that we would have found the third misper much earlier. It is a big learning session for me every time.
On Friday and next Monday I have another Job Interview, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment