Monday 30 November 2009

Search Dog Training




Of course it was raining as usual when we train on Sundays!!!! But unfortunately people do not get lost on a nice Sunday afternoon in the warm sunshine........ Indy done an outstanding job. The only confusion was, that there where no foot path in the woods we were allowed to use. It was more an area than a hasty search. Indy was spot on. I think I have to slow my pace down, to make him slow down. He searches 100 p/h and find the mispers in such a fast time it is nearly unreal. This weekend I found out that he alerts different on human scent only than on a find of a actual person. After he did not got his toy of me, he decided to do self praise and gripped Dave's woolly hat.It will be interesting to see what he will do one day, when we start training for Human Remains and Blood.


Yukon done me proud as well. He is not barking for a toy, therefore I bought him a "Bringsel" which is a leather attachment for his collar, just long enough not to bother but able to be picked up by him. We are using his Bringsel now for two weeks and I attached it yesterday for the first time to his collar. When he found Jess she only tipped the Bringsel and he picked it up straight away and came back to me, only to run off back to Jess for his other toy. This is brilliant. He is so clever. He also been officially assessed to become a Lowland Search Dog. I am so proud on my boys. Next Saturday is my assessment to become official operational with Indy. Fingers crossed.


Agility on Saturday was good. Yukon is a little bit naughty to other dogs, but in a funny kind of way so I don't mind(only towards Collies, and there hardly any around on the Agility Circuit ;-))


Indy is getting better, because of me maybe having a different approach toward Agility.


No comments:

Post a Comment